The Township of Larder Lake is accepting applications for the permanent full-time position of Water/Wastewater / Heavy Equipment Operator. Resumes and cover letters may be submitted in person at the Larder Lake Municipal Complex (69 Fourth Avenue), by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax to 705-643-2311. Only those selected will be contacted. The deadline to submit applications is October 27th, 2023 at 2:00 p.m.
The following are requirements for the position:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid DZ or AZ driver’s license (required to maintain as a condition of employment)
- Acceptable driving record
- Acceptable criminal record check
- Water/Wastewater Operator-in-Training (OIT) certificate, or ability to obtain within 1 year of hire. (Required as a condition of employment, coordinated with Municipality)
The following skills are preferred but are not necessary requirements to apply for the position:
- Standard First Aid, CPR, AED, and WHMIS
- Mechanical, welding, and automotive repair experience
- Proficiency with computers and other technology
- Working at heights and in confined spaces
Wage: To be discussed. (40 hours per week with the ability to work overtime as required).
We offer a competitive remuneration package including OMERS and an attractive benefits plan.
The Township of Larder Lake is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, and will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the recruitment and hiring process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of disability-related accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received regarding disability-related accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.